Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Journal #19: Patriotism Poem

It was the fourth of July,
the fireworks were in the sky,
They were beautiful,
I cannot tell a lie.

The sky was sparkling,
they were so pretty!
They brought tears to my eyes,
like a little kitty!
The freedom in our nation,
proved that we were united as one!

I think back to why this holiday existed,
it seems simple,
but back then life was twisted!
The British had American Colonies under their rule,
and then one day colonists realized it was uncool!
So thus began the Revolutionary War,
against America, the British were sore.

There was fighting day and night,
until America had the right,
to call itself an independent Union.
And thus on the fourth of July,
a treaty was signed!
Americans were free from British strain,
no longer would the Americans
experience the freedomless pain.

 I love the patriotism my life holds,
and the stories from yesteryear's struggles being told.

No comments:

Post a Comment