Monday, November 12, 2012

Journal #16: Different clothes

When I was in sixth grade, I would always wear strange things to be funny and get attention from other people.  I would wear cow print pants, suspenders, fake glasses, and other goofy things.  I did this and the reaction was very funny.  Some people made fun of me but most people just ignored my strangeness. Another reaction that might happen can been seen when I wear nice clothes to school this year.  Usually, I wear sweatpants or leggings and a tee shirt.  Since I dress nice every once in a while, people will comment on my outfit and say I look nice today.  When someone dresses different suddenly, people think that they went through a sudden emotional or life changing happening.  If a nice girl goes from wearing bright colors and trendy clothes to wearing black baggy clothes, someone will probably think that something is wrong in  their life that caused the sudden change.  There could be multiple reasons that someone would want to change their style.  It could be friends influence, family influences, or just personal want.  I know that if I had friends that all wore something, I might join in with them if I think it is cute.  An example for family influence would be your family disapproving of something you wear, such as a dress that is too short.  That will make someone more conscious of what they wear.  An example of personal want to change your clothes and style would be a gain in money for better and cuter clothes, or a loss in money for having to look for cheaper clothes.   All of these changes lead to one thing, people noticing that you have a changed wardrobe. People will wonder why you have a change in wardrobe, but who cares.  If you are happy with what you are wearing than nothing else matters. It only matters what you think about yourself and what you are comfortable wearing.  If someone ever makes fun of what you wear, just remember that you have your own personal style, and that is what counts for you and for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment