Monday, November 12, 2012

Journal #15: Someone I miss

Someone who I miss that I try to stay connected to is my Grandma.  My grandma died when I was a freshmen on my birthday, so I think this is a sign that she cared for me and tried to show that she will always be there for me.  The date she died is a connection between us because there must have been a reason she died on that certain date to show me something.  While I still am not sure why she chose my birthday to die, it was for a special reason that will connect us forever.  Another connection I have to my grandma is her jewelry.  She had the best taste in jewelry and I got some very valuable pieces from her.  Whenever I wear these pieces of jewelry, I know that she is watching over me and protecting me and letting me know that I am there for her.  My favorite thing of my grandma's is a ring that said her name on it.  I keep it on a chain in my car so she will always keep me safe on the roads.  I love having it in my car, because it makes me feel safe.  I really think that it is a huge connection between us because she will always watch me when I am driving and keep me safe.  I think it works because there have been a few close calls that have missed me on the road.  Another one of my keepsakes from my grandma is a jewelry box.  I got this before she passed away, and I value this very much as well.  I keep all the jewelry from her in this box, and other special items I have obtained through numerous experiences.  My grandma had the best jewelry and always kept it in cute boxes and such, which made me want to be as stylish and cute as her.  When I think about her, it makes me want to connect to her through being like her.  That might be the biggest connection because it the the most important to me.  I want to be like her because she was stylish, sweet, and strong.  I miss my grandma, but we still have many connections to each other that make me feel like she is still with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment