Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Journal 34

Describe your Self.  I do not know where to begin to describe myself!  I think that each person is made up of tiny attributes and qualities that would take a lifetime to explain.  So, I will give this a shot, but I might not get into my whole "self".  So, I am a religious person.  I do not go to church every week, but I try to stay the type of person I think is the type of person God would want me to be.  In no way am I a good Catholic, but my relationship with God is between him and I, so I do not think other people should worry about where I am with my religion.  Religion is personal, and whatever works for you just seems to be the best way to worship and embrace God.  I also think I am a fair person.  I try not to judge until I know the person.  While I fail at this sometimes, I try to make sure that I keep this in mind when I see someone new or hear something about someone.  They do not need another person to judge them in their life, so I will try and give them a chance to show me who they are before I judge their actions and personality.  I think this is part of my self because it is an important quality that shapes my personality.  I know that I am not perfect and never will be, but I might as well try to be a person that people will respect.  I also think that other people shape who I am.  The influences in my life like my family and friends are a part of my "self".  They shaped me into the person I am.  Without them, I am not my true "self".  I think that one's "self" is made by numerous influences and cannot begin to be explained by a 325 word blog post, but I think I made a good start.  

No comments:

Post a Comment