Friday, March 1, 2013

Journal #35

My writing has changed enormously since September the 24, 2012.  I have learned to be more thorough and to dig deep into research to find my information.  I also have learned that I need to spend more time researching because, back in September, I did not spend as much time researching as I do now.  I think that now my writing is at least one-hundred times better than in September.  My writing also now seems more intellectual and it actually raises new ideas from that of my peers.  My old writing style basically stated already known topics and did not explore much beyond the topic.  Now my writing displays new ideas and it is a lot more interesting to read than my old writings.  I also use way more support now than I used in September.  I now use more parenthetical citations to support my facts and my elaboration had progressed as well.  I think this is due to Mr. Langley's great teaching skills.  He taught my fellow peers and I how to write properly and how to make essays go above and beyond expectations.  He gave us pointers on how to make our writing better by bringing in outside facts by using extra literary criticisms in our essays.  This has helped my classmates and I get better and better as we keep writing more and more.  Another reason I am better at writing is probably due to the fact that we write an essay or analysis every other day.  We write so much that it was inevitable for us to get better and better with our writings.  Also, sentence studies have taught us to use better grammar and to also use great punctuation in our essays.  I think that all of these factors have helped my writing skills enormously.  In these past few months, my writing has gone from plain and somewhat horrible, to better and well supported.  I believe that my writing from September compared to now is horrible, and now it is awesome thanks to English Class!

No comments:

Post a Comment