Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Journal #33 Stress

When I am stressed out, I take a bath.  This helps me to calm down my mind and body.  I also read.  If I am reading about another world with someone else's problems, I am not thinking of my own.  Reading is very effective because it helps you think about something else.  Another thing I do is play my favorite internet game, which is the old cell phone version of snake.  I do not know why I always choose this, but it calms me down.  I also like to go for a bike ride if I need to reconnect with myself.  Enjoying nature and exercising a little help me reconnect and chill out.  I think that these help because they give me something else to focus on and also distract me from the world for a little while.  Another great stress reliever is listening to your favorite music.  The comforting sound of a familiar song help to reconnect or settle stress quickly.  I think that when you know the words to a song and you can scream the lyrics helps you think about other things other than your stresses.  I know that there are many other methods, but mine work best for me.  When you think too much about your problems and stresses, it is easy to wallow in your own personal pity party.  However, it is sad to just accept defeat of your problems, so you need to find a method that keeps you cheery and optimistic.   If you let your problems rule over you, how could you ever be happy and want to solve them?  I think that my methods work great for me, and that is all I need.  My favorite method is probably listening to music or taking a bath.  Sometimes, music sings me to sleep and it helps me fall asleep thinking about the song rather than staying awake thinking about my stresses. So, if you are down in the dumps or just need a little stress relief, try any of my methods and I am sure you will find one that works to calm you down in an instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment