Monday, January 28, 2013

Journal #28

Being in a different area or culture from what I am in now would be very strange.  I think I would be scared for a while not knowing the customs of these people.  I would be nervous of offending someone or not understanding something that is super important to them and their culture.  I know that this summer I would love to go to a different country for a mission trip just to help them out and also to get knowledge on their culture.  My options right now look like Mexico, to help on an orphanage.  I think that it would be great to learn about their culture also while helping them with whatever they need.  I already know the Spanish language, I think it would be easier to go to this area as opposed to a different country who spoke a language I had no idea how to speak.  It would be awesome to travel to world, in my opinion.  I would love to travel around Europe to experiences all the diverse cultures in the area.  I would love to have bag-gets in Paris, see art and culture in Venice, and also  see Big Ben in England.  It would also be a dream to see Ireland because my Irish heritage and to see the places that my family has seen.  I would not be as worried going to Europe because there are many people who speak English in these areas.  I think that it would be great to see all these places.  I would try to look up the cultures and customs of the places I go to prevent any mistakes I might make while being there.  I think that it is a big culture shock as an American because we are allowed to act so many ways.  In other cultures, the way we act would be insane in their opinion.  I think that it why it is important to know the customs of where you would like to go before you travel there and commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment