Monday, January 28, 2013

Journal #26

I was really excited to go to Florida two summers ago.  My mom said that it was a good possibility that we would be able to go during the month of June.  We would be able to go for a week and we would also get to see my Aunt Sally who lives in a town close to Destin, Florida.  I was so excited and I started to pack my bag the day after school was over for the year.  Nothing could be better then spending time on the warm Florida beach and sipping tropical drinks.  I also bought new swimming suits and also cute summer clothes ready to be worn in the hot Florida sun!  I love being in the warm sun, and also I was so excited to see my Aunt who I had not seen for a few years at this point.  I also am friends with my aunt's neighbor, who I was looking forward to seeing as well.  However, my mom said to me a few days before we were going to leave that we had to stay home because Jake had to do football practices.  I was so mad.  Also, my brother in college could not get of work and so he could not go as well.  This was such a disappointing event for me!  I love Florida, and not being able to go made me really upset.  I wanted to see my aunt, and I also just wanted to go to the beach and see the ocean.  Disappointments are normal to experiences throughout life.  If everything turned out the way we planned, life would be very boring.  "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" -John Lennon.  This quote shows that planning everything will not make it certain that things go the way you want.  Bad things happen and plans change, but mostly disappointments can be turned around in a certain condition.  Disappointments are just an accepted part of life, but it is what comes in reaction to these disappointments that makes you a good person.

No comments:

Post a Comment