Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Journal 13: Franklin Project Reflection

This project taught me that group projects usually do not work out.  This was learned because I was depended on for a lot of this project.  I had to compensate for other people in my group.  That is a good lesson to learn though, because that will probably happen a lot in life.  Things are not always fair, but it happens all the time.  This project also taught me that technology is unreliable.  I had to redo my video because technology malfunctioned and there were errors in the first time I tried to make it.  Also, one of my group members did not have internet at his house, so it was unfair to him for me to ask him to get it done and it was not fair for me to have to compensate for an issue he could not control.  Also, technology was unreliable because the communication aspect of this project.  E-mail was slow and at the other school it was blocked.  That was inconvenient because that was our main source of communication.  I also learned that Benjamin Franklin's virtues were more complex then I thought they were before.  Before this project, I did not analyze them as well.  I am glad I did and I am glad this project had some good to the many bad parts of it.  There were obviously many things I learned during this project.

There should be many things done to improve this project.  First of all, there should be more time to do it.  It seemed that I was not doing my best work because I had to rush through all of the steps so I could meet deadlines and be fair to my group.  It would have been nice to get an extension on the project so people could communicate better and do their quality work.  Also, communication needs improvement.  E-mail was not the best source of communication because many kids do not check their email daily, even when having an important project due.  Another fault is the distribution of work.  I think that students should not decide who is going to do the video because someone will spend hours on it, editing it and making it the best it can be, while other students do only one aspect of the final project.  That concludes my thoughts on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment