Monday, October 1, 2012

Journal #11

Virtues are very important to have in this current society.  As adolescence, we are bombarded with theories and values that we should be following or not following and it is just a big jumble of information that is too much to process.  Instead of conforming with the crowd or rebelling what we are told to be doing, everyone should create their own personal list of virtues to follow.  Personally, I would create mine according to what I like to do and how I think I should live my life with myself and according to how others react to my actions.  Therefore, I would create mine due to my personal outlook and how others are affected by my actions.  My virtues would also have to be reasonable and able to follow.  My virtues would be:


  1. Kindness- treat others in a kind way and you will most likely be rewarded.  If not, then you will still feel pretty good about yourself for being nice.
  2. Necessity- You should know when your opinion or words are necessary to an event.  You should speak when needed, but if you cause a problem by being rude of unnecessary then you caused an unneeded conflict.
  3. Sincerity- I took this from Ben Franklin's virtues because I believe it is good to have.  You should be sincere in all words and actions so people can trust you.  Also, people do not appreciate lying even if you think it will benefit them.  Therefore, you should just be sincere to begin with. 
  4. Positivism- One should always look at life in a positive outlook.  This is probably the hardest virtue to follow because it is tough to remain positive.  This virtue is important because if you are negative all the time, it would be hard to go through life happily.  
  5. Consideration-  You should always be considerate of what people have to say.  Never look down on others voices and opinions.  You should listen to what they have to say and take it into consideration.  In a world with no one to listen, you would be very upset and feel quite worthless.  
Those are my beginning virtues.  If I were to go into more depth, this list would be miles long.  These are the virtues which I thought were most important and I hope to be able to follow them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment