Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Journal #8: Emotional Time


Emotional times can often be times of hysteria and distress.  In these times, it is important for people to step up and behave rationally and logically.  There was a time when many emotions were stirred in my life.  My friend was very upset over the death of her dog.  Being a good friend, I comforted her.  This did not help very much so I developed a rational and logical reason that might make my friend feel less sad about her dog dying.  I said things like it was his time, he was getting old, he lived a good life, but they still seemingly did not help much.  Therefore, I made a logical approach to my friend and said that her dog died because he had served his best days to her family and this world and that was what was needed from his life.  This helped more then any other approach because it was not spiritual or fake.  I meant the words I said completely one hundred percent.  It was also seemingly logical because it was a full proof ideal to why her dog had lived.  It was also not about why her dog died it was more about the life he lived and why he served his life well and to his full potential.

Another emotional time that called for logical reason was when my friends and I almost ran into a deer after homecoming.  My friend was driving and slammed on the breaks when she saw a deer.  This was the completely correct reaction when seeing a deer when driving.  However, she did not account for our friend driving behind us.  The friend behind us luckily was paying attention and was able to pass us due to the lack of traffic.  After this event, we realized how lucky we were to be alive and not crashed in the cars.  I handled this logically because my friend driving was quite hysterical when thinking of the other possible result that could have happened from this event.  I told her that she did the right thing and it worked out for the best.  No one was hurt, so this calmed her down because it was true. The logical answer helped everyone calm down from this emotional ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment