Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Journal #4: Travels

I went to Hawaii a few years ago.  It was an awesome experience, but there was a lot of traveling to be done.  I drove to the Springfield Airport at six in the morning.  After the thirty minute flight from Springfield to Chicago, I ate some Chili's buffalo wings.  I restored all of the energy I had lost.  Some people might think it is gross to eat buffalo wings before ten in the morning, but who cares what they think.  After that, I traveled around the airport to look for my gate to Hawaii.  It was about to be eight and a half hours on a plane.  I was getting nervous about being on a suspended floating bus 12345 Miles in the air.  I changed into my tie-dye sweatpants to make my trip more comfortable.  I started the long ride by plugging my headphones into my iPod. It was a good choice to start the trip off.  After that, I noticed that TV shows were on the television. Shows like 30 Rock, The Simpsons, and Friends were being played throughout my flight.  It made the flight less painful, but it still was such a long journey to be on.  The flight had eventually ended and it was lovely to land in the Honolulu airport.  I could finally stretch my legs and walk around.  Hawaii was beautiful, but I did not get to enjoy my first sights of this state because I was s exhausted from my journey.  This was disappointing because I was supposed to embrace the first beauties I saw in this awesome area.  This had a huge impact on me because it felt like I was ungrateful to experience the beauties of this place.  However, I got some rest and before I knew it I was traveling again. I boarded my cruise ship that would take me from one Hawaiian Island to the next.  The waters were very calm.  I saw great animals like whales, dolphins, and turtles.  Unfortunetly, there was one night that the water was very rough and I got sick.  This was another affect of travel.  Some people are not supposed to travel through sea.  Thus, those were my rough travels that seemed especially long!

No comments:

Post a Comment