Monday, April 8, 2013

Journal #39: Spring Break

My spring break was pretty good.  The first day was a track meet.  This was one of the best track meets I have had in a while.  I got two personal records and my relay got second.  My first event of the day was long jump, and I really did not expect to do very well.  However, I did better than I ever had before.  I got two inches further than my previous best, and I got second place in the meet.  My other personal record that I set was in the 300 hurdles.  I did not think I would do very well in this either, but I did!  I got third place and I barely beat my personal record.  I beat it by approximately half a second.  It may not seem like a lot, but that was the first time I had ran it in about a year, so it was good to start out with.  And last year at the same meet I was running about three second slower, so it gives me good hopes for this year and hopefully I will be faster than ever!  Another highlight of my spring break would be going to Chicago.  Two of my friends and I spontaneously planned a trip to Chicago.  We hopped a train up to the windy city and my aunt said it was okay to stay with her.  So the first night we got there about 9 o'clock in the evening.  My aunt decided to treat us to some dessert and to drive us on a tour of Chicago, because it was one of my friends first times there.  So we ate some chocolate fondue, which was absolutely delicious.  My friend Megan wanted to go there again before we left, but I said it would be better to do as many different things as we could so we could get the most out of our trip!  We also went to the sky deck on the Willis/Sears tower.  I had to be dragged on because I am very scared of heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment