Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Least Favorite Novel

My least favorite book would have to be Fahrenheit 541.  This novel was much like a novel I have read before, 1984 by George Orwell.  I really do not like the idea our world becoming such a restricted place.  This novel was very boring to me and I was not a fan of the storyline, the strange writing style, and the fact that the chapter dragged on.  The storyline was not my favorite because I really did not like the way everything seemed disconnected.  The many characters were not strongly developed, the descriptions were vague, and I dislike thinking about the brainwashing of a society.  These small factors all added up to a unappealing book to read.  The characters were just sprung upon the reader and then they were not described very well.  Bradbury would say one certain thing about the character, then disrupt it with another thought.  Also, the descriptions were short and not very good.  I felt like I was always left wanting to know more.  On the flip side, there were some instances where he was too desciptive.  Those times left me wondering, "Do I even care about this?".  I asked myself a lot when reading this novel, and that is not a good sign.  My answer was also not a good sign.  I also did not like the topic.  It made me uneasy to think about.  The fact that could happen in our world makes me not want to read this book because I would rather not think about it.  One last reason I did not like this book is because each chapter dragged on.  There were not that many, but they were such long chapters!  It left me thinking please just let this part end!  It was very annoying to have each chapter going on and on.  Although this novel is considered a classic, it was very tough for me to read personally.  I am sure that if I was older I would value the book and its message.

No comments:

Post a Comment