Friday, December 7, 2012

Journal #22: Snow

Snow is beautiful and it makes me very happy.  I have been patiently waiting for snow this year.  Yet, it is December and it was seventy degrees last week.  Snow is a part of my life because I like it so much.  I have prepared a little anagram for it.  S is for sledding.  I love sledding down hills and enjoying myself.  It is one of my important childhood activities, so I try to sled each year to relive my childhood loves.  Sometime, I can only sled at my house, which is very dangerous.  I sled down this hill on the side of my yard, but my yard is made up of trees.  One can assume that I have to try and dodge trees while I sled, and I often fail to dodge some.  This is why it is dangerous, but it is also what makes it awesome and fun.  N is for Nippy.  Nippy means that is really cold.  It has to be thirty-two and below for rain to freeze, therefore, to be able to have snow.  Also, when you are playing in snow, you get so freezing you think you get frostbite.  This word reminds me of snow and snow days.  O is for Oooh pretty!  This is my favorite part of the anagram because it is the most true about snow.  This is the first thing I think of when I see a fresh coat of snow on the ground.  It is break-taking to see the silent beauty of untouched snow.  W is for wise.  I think that snow is wise because it shows something that has been on Earth for a long time.  Snow teaches us to be wise when driving, to be safe when walking on ice, and to be be wise with your  choices.  Snow is what makes winter a good season.  A season without snow means that everyone is so sad and bored of cold weather with no positive consequence.  Snow makes Illinois awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment